Ayurvedic Red Lentil Stew
- 1 ½ TBLS Vegetable oil or Ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 large thumb ginger peeled+grated
- 2 Clove Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 medium sized carrot small dice
- 1 stalk celery small dice
- 1 medium onion small dice
- 1 ¼ cups red lentils
- 2 ½ cups water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked Farro or Barley optional
- 1 cup cooked beans optional
- Heat oil in 2 quart pot
- add Seeds cook till they start popping
- . Add Ginger,Garlic + Turmeric cook for 1 or 2 minutes
- Add Onions ,Celery + Carrots. Cook Covered 10 Minutes.
- Add lentils + Water . Bring Boil
- cover reduce heat simmer 25 minutes stirring occasionally .Add more water as needed.
- add Farro + Beans if desired .
- Season with Salt + Pepper.