Beer Glazed Vegetables
I created this a few years back for Tap New York at Hunter Mountain
- 6 oz. Stout or Lager Beer
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbls Honey
- 2 Tbls Mirin
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbls soy sauce
- 1/2 Tlbs Sriracha Chili sauce
- 1 Stars of Star Anise
- 3 Tbs Grape Seed oil
- 1 Tbls grated ginger
- 4 Cups mixed vegetables broccoli, cauliflower, green beans ,baby carrots, or whatever you have lying around , just cut the vegetables that take a little longer to cook a little smaller.
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Scallions or chives for Garnish
- Mix together first 8 ingredients in a sauce pot and reduce by half.Remove star anise .
- Heat oil in sauté pan , cook ginger 1 minute, add your vegetables, cook over high heat covered for 3 to 4 minutes (this helps steam it a little) Now add 1/4 cup of your glaze cook over high heat uncovered stirring occasionally until all glaze is absorbed and the veggies are slightly browned, about 6 or 7 minutes.Toss the cherry tomatoes in at the end. Top with chopped ,scallions or chives. Enjoy PS this glaze can be used for meat or Fish.