Broccolini Burrata Salad
Salads are great, Here is one of my creations
- 1 Lbs Broccolini blanched and cut into 2 inch strips.
- 1/2 Lbs Burrata quartered
- 2 small avocados peeled and quartered
- 1/2 red pepper in strips
- 1/2 seedless cucumber sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes sliced
- classic vinaigrette
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot finely diced
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sal1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Start out by blanching your broccolini. Do this by plunging it into salted boiling water for just a minute our two. Test for doneness by squeezing the stem, if it crushes it’s ready. Stop the cooking process by removing them to cold water. Do this in 2 batches.
- Next make the vinaigrette, placing all ingredients in a mason jar or glass jar with tight fitting lid and shaking well.
- To assemble the salad take a look at picture. But basically start by placing the broccolini on the center of your plate or platter and then garnishing with remaining items. Drizzle with salad dressing. Voila.