Chicken Cutlets w/Wild Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup boiling chicken broth
- 1 Tbls butter
- 1 + 1/2 cups fresh morel oyster, or maitake mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup flour for dredging
- 1 + 1/2 lbs thin chicken cutlets
- 1/3 cup heavy cream optional
- Combine dried porcini and chicken boiling broth let sit. In a small sauté pan heat butter and cook fresh mushroom until done 2 to 3 minutes. Add to your porcini’s.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. In a large sauté pan heat your oil ( you may need to do this in 2 batches) dredge your chicken one at a time in the flour and then into the pan. Cook about 3 minutes on each side.When all the chicken is cooked add the mushrooms and broth to the pan , bring to a boil . Flip the cutlets around (the flour you dredged the meat in should help the thickening process) 3 or 4 minutes. Don’t over cook . Fast + easy. If you want a cream sauce, remove cutlets from pan, add heavy cream and reduce (boil) sauce until thick.