Coriander Crusted Tuna
- 1 lbs tuna – 2 steaks 1 inch thick .The freshest and highest quality tuna you can find Ahi or yellow fin
- 1/4 cup whole coriander seeds crushed use a mortar + pestle or bottom side of small pot
- 1 Tbls Grape seed oil
- Salt + pepper
- Season your tuna with salt and pepper then press a liberal amount of crushed seeds onto the steak.
- Heat a thick cast iron skillet or the thickest pan you have till it is very hot. Put a few drops of grape seed oil onto each side of your steak.Cook only 90 seconds on each side + 20 seconds on the edges. Sear edges by holding with a pair of tongs.The seeds should brown just slightly. The whole cooking process should only take about 4 minutes.
- 1/4 cup each soy sauce ,mirin + white wine
- 1 + 1/2 tsp corn starch
- Mix all ingredients and bring slowly to a boil , simmer 1 minute.