Crispy Baby Artichokes
- 12 baby artichokes
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves sliced
- 2 tsp rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare artichokes as displayed in picture. making sure you remove all green portions of the leaves
- Place cleaned artichokes in lemon water as you go along to help prevent discoloring.
- Drain , then place artichokes in a pot that allows them to fit snugly in one layer .
- Add oil. Using low to moderate heat cook artichokes turning every 2 to 3 minutes
- after they have become slightly brown and are tender when poked with a sharp paring knife , about 15 minutes add rosemary and garlic.
- Stir around for about 30 seconds , remove from oil onto paper towel and season with salt and pepper.