Grandma Lenore’s Dutch Apple Cake
- 6 cups flour
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 4 Tbls baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter cut into small cubes
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 4 to 6 granny smith apples or any other baking type apples.
- Peeled cored and cut into smallish size wedges.
- 6 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 Tbls butter cut into little bits
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. Butter a rimed baking pan , approximately 12 x 16.
- Whisk together flour, wheat germ and baking powder,and salt. Cut in butter using your fingers to squash the butter or use a pastry blender. Mix together milk and eggs , then add them to dry ingredients.Mix this gently . Pour batter into prepared pan . Place the apple wedges in rows on top of batter ,Slightly overlapping them . Sprinkle on the rest of your ingredients in the order they are listed. Bake 20 to 25 minutes .