Pasta w/ Shrimp,Beans + Broccoli
- Always read your recipes entirety before beginning
- 3 Tbls Olive oil
- 2 Clove garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 Lemon thinly Sliced
- 1 Cup cooked white beans
- *1 Cup fresh plum tomatoes diced with no skin or seeds
- 1 1/2 Cups pasta water
- 1/3 lbs penne or similar pasta
- 1 1/2 Cups broccoli Florets * Blanched
- 3/4 lbs Cooked peeled Shrimp buy them frozen , make you life easy.
- 1/4 Cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 Cup thinly sliced Fresh basil
- Cook pasta al dente in well salted water + toss with olive oil to prevent sticking , save 1 1/2 cups of the pasta water. Set both aside.
- In a large sauté pan heat olive oil .Add garlic cook till fragrant and lightly browned. Spread out lemon slices + cook 1 minute .Add beans and pasta water heating until bubbling . Add tomatoes cook 1 minute. . Now add pasta, broccoli + shrimp . Season with salt and pepper .Toss and turn until everything is hot ,well coated and sauce begins to thicken. It’s done . Sprinkle with parmesan cheese + basil.
- *This is achieved by dropping the tomatoes into boiling water for 20 seconds than into cold water to stop the cooking , It’s then easy to peel them. Cut in half around equator and squeeze out seeds. Dice.
- *The broccoli can be done in a similar fashion , drop in boiling water and when just done remove to cold water.
- Use the same water in above processes to cook your pasta.