Rainbow Lima Beans
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 1 + 1/4 cups onions medium dice
- 1 +1/2 cups celery medium dice
- 5 cups multi colored carrots medium dice
- 4 cups Lima beans precooked
- salt + pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- To pre cook your Lima beans, soak over night, then cook in enough water to reach one inch above the beans, toss a bay leaf in while their cooking. Add some salt at the end after they are soft about 20 minutes. Don’t overcook.
- In a large soup pot heat oil, add garlic and cook gently for a few minutes. Next add the onions, celery + carrots + cook slowly covered for 20 minutes.Next add Lima beans and simmer another 20 to 25 minutes Season with Salt + Pepper. Sprinkle with some fresh herbs if you like and Finish off with olive oil and lemon zest. Or jazz it up with some hot sauce.