BBQ Spare Ribs
- There are 2 different Rib recipes here .One using just rub the other just salt and peper + BBQ Sauce.
- *Rib Rub
- 2 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup paprika
- ⅓ cup chili Powder
- 1 tsp mace
- ¼ cup ground black pepper
- ½ cup Kosher salt
- 1 Tbls thyme
- 1 Tbls dry mustard
- 1 Tbls sage
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- *This rub is optional you can also just use salt + pepper
- You will have more rub than you need for 3 racks so cut it in half or save the rest It keeps indefinitely.
- Contributed by Phil Hurst my roommate from Culinary school
- Sprinkle Ribs with Rub and leave over night in refrigerator or just season with salt and pepper and get started . Put ribs on an oven tray add a cup of water , cover with tin foil and put in a 300 degree oven for about 3 + 1/2 hours , test to see if done by poking with your finger , if it starts to break though on the thin end of rack you can take them out of oven.( if using rub just finish on grill) While the ribs are still warm coat both sides with BBQ sauce . Let them cool . Heat grill , put on another coat of BBQ sauce . Grill until nice and browned on both sides. Serve with extra sauce.
- Get BBQ sauce Recipe from recipes in website.chefrichkukle.com/2020/03/25/bbq-sauce/