Cracked Wheat Stir fry
- 10 ounces medium cracked wheat also known as bulgur or tabouli
- Rice or any other cooked grain can be substituted
- 20 oz. water w/pinch of salt
- 5 Tbs grape seed oil
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbs Grated fresh Ginger
- 2 Carrots small Dice
- 2 Celery Stalks small Dice
- ½ yellow onion small Dice
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 14 Cherry Tomatoes quartered
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas defrosted
- 2 Cups Shredded lettuce any kind
- Soy Sauce + Ground Black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup each Scallions and Cilantro
- Only try this recipe in very large pan or else cut ingredients in half !
- Cook cracked wheat by mixing wheat and water in small pot bringing it to a boil , simmer it for 2 to 3 minutes, cover, turn off flame and let sit for 15 minutes.
- In your largest Sauté pan heat 2 Tbs oil, add ginger and Garlic , cook for about a minute then add cracked wheat and stir around for a minute. Push wheat to edge of pan creating an open space in center , in that space add another 2 Tbs of oil then add onions ,celery and carrots cooking for 3 to 4 minutes. Add those ingredients to the wheat along the edge , creating an open space in the center again. Add last Tbs of oil to this space then your eggs, let them cook for a few seconds so you are able to chop then up into strips.Stir everything together and continue cooking for a minute or two.Now add cherry tomatoes and peas stir a minute or two.Turn off flame add the rest of your ingredients and toss.