A no pasta vegetable Lasagna
- 12 X 9 casserole dish
- Olive oil
- 1 Butternut squash peeled + sliced into 1/3 inch strips
- 3 Large tomatoes 1/3 inch slices
- 1 Large eggplant peeled and sliced into 1/3 inch strips
- 3 summer Squash 1/3 inch strips
- 3 zucchini 1/3 inch strips
- 2 Bunch kale - stems removed
- 1 Pint whole milk ricotta
- 1 Lbs fresh mozzarella sliced
- 1 Qt plain tomato sauce
- 3 Scallions for garnish cut on a angle
- Preheat oven 375°
- Drizzle some olive oil, salt and pepper on the butternut squash spread out on a oven tray and bake about 15 minutes. Don’t over cook . Cool . Heat up a grill pan or large sauté pan and cook eggplant, zucchini and summer squash, each separately, coating each with olive oil and salt and pepper before cooking. Leave vegetable slightly underdone as they will finish in the oven when you bake everything together. Blanch your kale, squeeze out water ,then coarsely chop and season with salt and pepper.
- Now you are ready to assemble your Napoleon. Oil your casserole dish.The first (bottom) layer should be the butternut squash, next layer is the ricotta, sprinkle it with a little salt and pepper. Then the tomatoes, Next is the eggplant, than the other 2 squash’s and a layer of kale. Finally top the whole thing off with the mozzarella.. Bake covered about 45 minutes to 1 Hr, until bubbling on the edges. Cool slightly before cutting and serving. Serve tomato sauce on the side and garnish with scallions.