Swiss Chard Quiche
This may be the best Quiche recipe you will ever try!
- 10 inch tart pan or deep dish pie plate
- 1 + 3/4 cups flour
- 1 Tbls sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 + 1/2 sticks unsalted butter cut in small pieces
- 2 Tbls cold vodka
- 1 Tbls cider vinegar
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard about 3/4 of a Lbs.
- 1/2 medium onion small dice lightly cooked in a little oil
- 1 Tbls fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dry
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper small dice
- 6 oz. sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 cup creme fraiche or high fat yogurt
- 1 cup heavy cream + more if needed
- salt pepper, a little nutmeg and some cayenne
- I make this dough recipe in a food processor, or you can do it by hand. Check website video for hand method. In a processor combine dry ingredients and butter, run machine for about 10 to 15 seconds . Add wet ingredients and pulse until the dough holds together when squeezed, about another 10 seconds. Remove from machine onto a lightly floured board and form into a 6 inch round disk. Refrigerate 30 minutes.Roll out to appropriate size, place into pan or plate and chill another 10 minutes.
- Blanch(cook in boiling salted water 3 minutes) and coarsely chop your swiss chard, makes sure to squeeze out any extra water. Place all of your filling ingredients in a large bowl, mix well, pour into prepared quiche pan.Place pan on a cooking tray and bake in center of oven until lightly brown, about 45 minutes to 1 Hr.( you may need to cover with foil to prevent over browning) or until set ( liquid becomes solidified). Cool for a few minutes before cutting. You are going to love this one.