- 1 tbl grape seed or canola oil
- 1 tbl grated ginger
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 ½ tbl good mirin
- 1 ½ tbl good soy sauce
- 1 lb firm or extra firm tofu
- 3 scallions sliced
- ⅓ cup cilantro coarsely chopped
- Drain tofu.Place in strainer ,put a weight on top for ten minutes to press out some of the liquid.
- Cut Tofu into large 1/2 to 3/4 inch dice
- Mix with ginger ,garlic ,soy sauce and mirin ,marinate 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan (preferably non stick or cast iron) add tofu mixture ,cook flipping with a spatula, but don't over mix.
- Give it a chance to brown a little before attempting to turn . This also helps in preventing it from sticking.Cook 5 to 8 minutes.
- Toss in scallions and cilantro serve.