- 1 Tbls Grape seed oil
- 2 +1/2 Lbs venison neck or shoulder cubed
- 2 cups onions medium dice
- 1 cup carrots peeled medium dice
- 1 cup celery medium dice
- 1 cup tomato sauce or 2 Tbls tomato paste
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 Tbls Harissa
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 Tbls flour dissolved in 3 Tbls cold water
- 1 cup frozen peas defrosted
- In a large heavy gauge pot heat 1Tbls oil.Season Venison with salt and pepper. Add half of your meat to hot pot. Brown off. Remove from pot and repeat with other half . Add the other Tbls of oil along with garlic. Cook a few seconds .Add onions ,celery and carrots.Cook covered 8 minutes over medium flame. Add venison back into pot , along with red wine, tomato sauce , bay leafs and harissa. Cover and simmer 1 +1/2 hrs. or until the meat begins to get tender.
- add potatoes cook 10 minutes . Add flour / water solution .Cook 15 Minutes. Finish off by stirring in your peas.You are done , and I bet you’re house smells great.