Brazilian Black Beans
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 2 clove garlic minced
- ½ onion diced
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 +1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Bay leafs
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 + 1/2 qt black beans or a variety of dark beans.
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes or tomato salsa
- water enough to cover ingredients
- 1 tsp salt + some fresh ground pepper.
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- In a medium sauce pot cook your garlic and onions in the olive oil until lightly browned. Add the remainder of your ingredients.Simmer 60 to 90 minutes , sprinkle with lemon zest. Serve with white rice .
- Remember it’s always best to start from scratch using dried beans. If so soak over night and cook till tender.