Crispy Roasted Asparagus
- 1 Lbs large Asparagus spears
- ⅓ cup corn starch
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- milk enough to make a thin batter approximately 1/cup
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup corn meal
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/ 4 tsp pepper
- olive oil for drizzling on asparagus
- Lemon wedges
- Cut 1/4 inch off bottom end of asparagus then peel the bottom 1/4 portion of asparagus to remove touch skin.
- Preheat oven 450 degrees
- In a bowl combine corn starch , flour , s+p, add milk ,creating a smooth batter that is not too thick , you may need to adjust if you don’t think its thick enough to hold the crumbs. Pour the mixture into a rectangular loaf pan , at least the length of asparagus.
- In a Pan similar to the one with the batter , mix together bread crumbs , corn meal , s + p .
- using one hand for your wet ingredients and one hand for the dry , dip one asparagus at a time into batter and then gently dropping it into the crumbs covering it with crumbs , remove to a parchment paper lined sheet pan. Repeat the process with remaining asparagus. Now carefully drizzle olive oil over asparagus . Place in oven on top shelf for 15 minutes . Finish under broiler for a few seconds. Serve with lemon wedges or your favorite vinaigrette.