- 1 tbs grape seed oil
- 2 lbs chicken thigh boneless and skinless
- 2 large thumb size pieces Fresh Ginger peeled + grated
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 Large onion medium dice
- 1 ¼ Chicken Broth
- ½ Coconut Milk if desired
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs Scallions + Cilantro
- If you desire to kick it up a notch add cumin , coriander , hot pepper + Turmeric
- Heat oil in a large heavy gauge pot .I like cast iron.
- Season Chicken with salt and pepper on both sides Add to hot pan and brown off for about 10 minutes on each side using moderate to high heat.
- Try not to disturb too much during browning process.
- Take Chicken out , leaving burner on add spices to pan stirring for 15 seconds, add garlic and ginger cook another 45 seconds stirring constantly.
- Add onion cook covered stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add Chicken back to pan along with Chicken broth cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and garnish with cilantro and Scallions.