Daniele's Veggie Curry
From a Friend in Aspen, in the picture cocnut milk has not been added yet
- 2 Japanese Sweet potatoes peeled + medium diced or regular
- 4 Cloves Garlic , chopped
- 1 tbls vegetable oil
- 1 Large Carrot peeled + diced
- 2 cups Broccolini diced
- 1 Zucchini diced
- 4 Asparagus diced
- 1 Red bell pepper diced Other veggies you can use would be Mushrooms , Bok Choy or Butternut squash. The Butternut squash would be used in place of the sweet potatoes and the mushrooms and Bok Choy would need to be added after you have cooked your carrot for a few minutes.
- 1 can Chic peas drained
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 Box Veggie Broth
- 1 tsp Curry power
- 1 tsp Red curry paste or more to taste You can also use green curry paste instead
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- S + P
- 1 Thumb Ginger grated
- Boil Sweet Potatoes in Lightly salted water until tender, set aside
- Heat oil in heavy gauge pot. Add garlic, carrot, cumin, salt + pepper and brown slightly.
- Add Red pepper a little of your broth and cook until carrots soften.
- Now add your green veggies along with a little more of your broth so they continue to steam. 2 Minutes
- Next add your sweet potatoes, some of the water you cooked them in, and the veggie broth ( you may not need to use it all). Bring to a boil and continue cooking until all veggies are tender.
- Add Coconut milk and Curry paste, bring to a boil.
- Finally add chick peas + ginger + simmer until desired consistency.