Lets Do Green
This makes a great topping for a Salad
- 1 Small Head Romanesco Green Cauliflower cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 + 1/2 lbs Fresh Baby Artichokes cleaned + trimmed if you are not familiar with this process please google it, or use canned artichoke hearts
- 3 cups Green Cabbage outer leafs in big chunks
- 3 Cups Brussel sprouts washed + cut in half
- ½ lbs Broccolini cleaned + cut in half
- ½ lbs Asparagus cut bottom 1/2 inch off and discard peel the next inch and then cut in half.
- ½ cup Olive oil
- S + P
- 1 lbs Fava Bean Pods = 1/2 cup shelled beans Blanch beans then peel skin off. Frozen peas can be substituted
- Preheat oven 425°
- Mix first 4 ingredients with most of the olive oil, S + P. In a separate bowl toss the Broccolini + Asparagus with remaining oil, S + P. Spread out first mixture on 2 half sheet pans. Giving them plenty of room to be able to brown off nicely. Roast 20 minutes, Stir in Broccolini + Asparagus and roast an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and add Fava beans or defrosted frozen peas ( frozen peas are already blanched and don’t need additional cooking).