The way my Dad used to make them
- Makes a dozen pancakes
- 1 + 1/2 Lbs Idaho or russet potatoes peeled and grated on the fine side of a box grater drain out some of the water by placing in a fine strainer for a minute or 2.
- 1 Tbls flour
- 1 eggs
- 3 Tbls parsley chopped
- 1 tsp salt and a little pepper
- Aprox 1/3 cup oil for frying
- Vegetable oil clarified butter , bacon fat , chicken fat or any combination there of.
- ¼ onion Finely chopped
- Combine first 5 ingredients plus onion.
- In a black cast iron or any heavy gage pan heat some of your oil. Scoop out about 2 Tbls of the potato mixture and add to pan ,spreading out to create a thin pancake. Continue process making 4 or 5 pancakes at time.Cook pancakes using medium heat , browning well on each side . Eat right away . They go well with sour cream or apple sauce.