Ribbon Asparagus Salad W/ Seared Salmon
serves 3 Great as a dinner or a lunch
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbls white wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 Tbls shallots minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- You will have some left over
- ½ Lbs asparagus the larger the better
- 2 cups escarole in long thin strips or another sturdy lettuce
- ⅓ cup Manchego cheese shaved
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds Toasted
- ¼ cup parsley leafs
- 1 Avocado cut into 6 wedges
- 1 cup Boiled New Potatoes sliced optional
- 3 - 5 oz. pieces Salmon Filet Seasoned with salt and pepper
- 3 Poached eggs can be a alternative to the salmon
- To start make the vinaigrette by mixing the first 6 ingredients together and then slowly adding the oil.
- Next, shave the asparagus in long ribbons using a sharp vegetable peeler. Add escarole.
- Now sear the salmon in a preheated pan , covered, skin side down. I usually cook the salmon 90% of the way on one side. Flip over and turn off heat , total cooking time about 7 minutes ,let rest.
- To finish toss the salad with some of your vinaigrette. Then arrange all other ingredients on and around the salad. Drizzle a little more dressing over the top .