Yellow Split Pea Soup
- 1 Lbs butternut squash peeled diced + roasted
- 4 Tbls olive oil divided
- 2 Tbls fresh ginger grated
- ½ onion diced
- 3 stalk celery small dice
- 1 carrot small dice
- ½ Tbls turmeric
- ½ Lbs yellow split peas
- 6 cups water chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup chic peas canned or cooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- To roast your squash toss it with 2 Tbls of olive oil ,salt and pepper Place on a sheet pan and roast in a preheated 375° oven till tender ,approximately 40 minutes.
- In a large pot cook ginger, onion, turmeric and celery in remaining olive oil until fragrant and tender. Add liquid simmer and 1 hour. Add chic peas + roasted squash cook 30 minutes or longer. Take 2 cups of your soup and puree in blender add back to pot . You now have a creamy but chunky soup.You may want to add more water if soup is too thick. Season with salt and pepper.